What is the Committee's role?
The Nominations Committee reviews the composition and balance of the Board and senior Executive team on a regular basis to ensure that the Board and management have the right structure, skills and experience in place for the effective management of the Group in order to operate efficiently and effectively. This review includes a forward looking analysis of the skills and diversity required of Board members, which is also reviewed and discussed with the Board.
What is the process for appointing Executive and Non-executive Directors?
When recruiting both Executive and Non-executive Directors, the Committee considers the skills, experience, knowledge and diversity that would benefit both the Board and its committees.
What are the main responsibilities of the Nominations Committee?
The Committee’s responsibilities are set out in its terms of reference, which include the following:
- To review the structure, size and composition of the Board and make recommendations with regard to any changes that are considered necessary, including the continuation of existing Directors in office.
- Succession planning for Executive Board appointments.
- Identify and nominate candidates for Board approval to fill Board vacancies as and when they arise.
- To conduct an annual review and identification of the time commitment required from Non-executive Directors.
- To make recommendations to the Board regarding membership of the Audit and Remuneration Committees in consultation with the Chairman of each committee.
The current Non-executive Directors were appointed by shareholders at the General Meeting held on 3 October 2012. Following this process, the Board appointed Geoffrey Wilding as Executive Chairman.